post archive

31 Dec 2012

Purple Octahedron

This piece was made for a friend who has recently embraced his love of purple! He picked up this paper, originally intended for scrapbooking, and I just had to fold it.

My favourite thing about this design is that it's a fractal - each of the 6 corners is a smaller version of the entire shape. I once tried to make the next larger level of fractal (imagine 6 of the above model connected at the edges to make a large octahedron) but I had to abort once I realised I had made my strips too small to handle. I'll have to try again in a larger scale.

I love the design on this paper - somehow I never considered looking for supplies in scrapbooking stores, but I definitely need more of this stuff.

The dark purple sheet compliments the lighter sheet really well.

The octahedron design lends itself beautifully to being executed in two colours. This is not the "big project" mentioned below - that one's still being folded; photos to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment