post archive

18 Dec 2012

Christmas Ornament

It's been quite a while since I made a Christmas ornament, so I figured it was time... Long ago I used to churn out dozens a year & sell them, but I made this one as a gift.

This piece is pretty tiny! Made from one 15 cm x 15 cm sheet (cut into 1x12 strips), the model is only 1.5" (4 cm) across at the widest point. If you look closely at the left edge of the red thread, you can see a tiny ant that wandered into the shot!

I love how blurry the fore- and background came out in this shot, taken with the camera on the ground. This was a fun little project, started & finished in the same day! A nice diversion from my current "big" project, being made from a sheet of paper 3 feet by 4. Photos of that one to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment