post archive

22 Mar 2015

Two more icosidodecahedron lattices: six rings & twelve stars

I've had a week off for Spring Break and have been busy folding - these two new pieces are the result!

I first made this smaller piece using a new colour scheme:  bands of solid colour around each equator. It can be thought of as six interlocking rings.

I next made a double-size version using another new scheme:  each pentagon is one solid colour.

Of course, the holograpic paper only comes in five colours; the silver comes from the back side of the sheets.

I put this larger piece together in only two days. Yesterday afternoon this was just a pile of 120 strips.

I finished the assembly while sitting in the park near my house, then biked home just as the sun was setting.

The light was perfect - I love how this shot turned out.

With these two completed, I've now made (and sold) 4 icosidodecahedron lattices. Many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment